Lavender Pancake Recipe
How to make Lavender Pancakes
Lavender Pancakes is another simple way to enjoy the flavor of Lavender. Lavender pancakes are easy to make and can take the boring out of breakfast if you are tired of the same old thing.
Fresh or dried Lavender flowers may be used in this Lavender Pancake recipe. Harvest Lavender flowers shortly before use choosing ones with bright color or if out of season use dried culinary Lavender.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Lavender flower or 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried Lavender buds (Both Finely chopped)
- 2 cups Unbleached All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla or Lavender flower extract
- 1-2 cups Buttermilk (adjust amount to make a thick but pourable batter)
2. Preheat a heavy skillet on the stove. It should sizzle when a few drops of water are added.
3. Add a teaspoon of butter to prevent sticking.
4. Drop about 1/2 cup of pancake batter into skillet. I love my enameled cast iron fry pan!
5. Flip the pancake when you see tiny surface bubbles. Be careful not to burn them. You want golden Lavender pancakes.
6. Top each pancake as desired and serve immediately.
Fruit Topping: (Optional)
Lavender Pancakes can be enjoyed topped with fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, drizzled with your favorite maple syrup and a healthy dollop of sweetened whipped cream. For added decadence add a light sprinkling of powdered sugar. Lavender Pancakes are simple to make and can be very elegant too!.