Homemade Lavender Dog Treat Recipe
How to make Lavender Dog Treats
Homemade dog treats with Lavender will calm dogs that are excitable or stressed such as those afraid of thunderstorms. You will learn how to make homemade dog treats with Lavender.
Dried Lavender flowers or fresh may be used in this Lavender Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe. Fresh Lavender flowers may be collected shortly before use or when out of season use dried culinary Lavender.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 3 Packets Non-flavored Instant Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey or Molasses
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lavender or 1/3 Cup dried Lavender buds
2. Knead to form a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge to chill for a few hours.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 F while you are rolling out the dough. Use a cookie cutter to make cute cutouts or make quarter sized mini treats by rolling little balls with your hands.
4. Bake the homemade dog biscuits for 10 -20 minutes depending on the size of the treats. They should be lightly golden in color. Allow to cool completely before bagging in plastic bags or placing in an airtight container to maintain the crunchy crispness.
Homemade dog treats with Peanut Butter and Lavender are a delicious reward for your canine and the Lavender helps to calm dogs naturally.
These homemade dog biscuits smell pretty good so be sure to label them well to avoid someone else eating them like your husband or kids. Don't ask me how I know I 'll save that for another post. Here are some pictures of our dog Lucie.